If trying to eat healthfully is leaving you feeling famished, don’t despair! Dietitian Julie Upton, MS, RD, of Appetite For Health offers a list of low-calorie foods that will fill you up the healthy way. So, once you start to hear your stomach grumbling, add these foods to your meal or snack, and prepare for total satisfaction. The beauty of this list? It’s totally fine to keep snacking until you finally feel satisfied.
- Salad greens, including leaf lettuce, romaine, kale, cress, baby greens, spinach
- Fresh vegetables, including celery, carrots, cucumber, tomato, broccoli, cauliflower, beets, sugar snap peas, bell pepper
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup fresh berries (strawberries/raspberries/blueberries)
- 1/2 cup watermelon chunks
- 1 clementine