1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 cup baby bella mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
3/4 cup marinara sauce
3 large carrots, peeled
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped, for garnish
- Pour oil in a large pan, and heat on medium low.
- Add the garlic, mushrooms, red pepper, and two tablespoons of the fresh basil. Sauté for five minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, and cook for another eight minutes.
- While that’s cooking, use a vegetable peeler to cut the carrots into ribbons.
- Add the marinara and carrots to the pan. Cook for another eight to ten minutes or until the carrots are cooked to the firmness you prefer.
- Pour into a bowl, sprinkle with the last half-tablespoon of fresh basil, and enjoy!